Visual C++ 2005 [express] bug

Started by
6 comments, last by Skeleton_V@T 18 years, 4 months ago
Does anybody know anything about VC++ '05 Express? I just got it so that I could use DirectX 9, because apparently VC++ 6.0 isn't supported anymore... now whenever I try and code in the new and 'improved' VC++ '05 it freezes up my entire computer and I have to restart. Anybody have similar problems? Is it working nicely for anyone?
kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Advertisement
VS 2005 is buggy as, i counted about 4 bugs in VS C# Express in an hour :S
they should have made a beta 3 :S

only thing i can say is reinstall it :O
suppose i'll try reinstalling. that's really crappy though - microsoft apparently released all of the 05 programs buggy...
kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote:Original post by kooooo
... Is it working nicely for anyone?

So far, I haven't had any problems like that with it. Maybe I'm just lucky?

It took me 2 trys to figure out what was wrong with VS Express 2005. I would not say that it is buggy, VS Express just contains a bunch of features that are not common among freeware. I find VC++ Express to be really nifty. I installed the DirectX 9 API yesterday. All of the include, debug, .lib files were linked automatically by VC++ Express (How cool is that!). But then again, this is just my biased opinion.

Good topic though [smile]...
Quote:Original post by kooooo
Does anybody know anything about VC++ '05 Express? I just got it so that I could use DirectX 9, because apparently VC++ 6.0 isn't supported anymore... now whenever I try and code in the new and 'improved' VC++ '05 it freezes up my entire computer and I have to restart. Anybody have similar problems? Is it working nicely for anyone?
One time when I ran compile it gave me a blue screen, this happened once though.. I'm not really sure what you mean by it being terrible, in a year they plan on selling it for $50 or so. It must be good, right?
There's a few known conflicts, the most prominent being some versions of the nVidia drivers, and the ZoneAlarm firewall.
[ search: google ][ programming: msdn | boost | opengl ][ languages: nihongo ]
I'm still using VS.NET 2003 and not planning to download VS 2005 soon. Don't expect too much on that new version as it is still a beta. I think I'll wait for Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1++, at that time there'll be much less bugs.
--> The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones <--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement