Good Java OpenGL book

Started by
2 comments, last by OrangyTang 18 years, 4 months ago
Can anyone recommend a good OpenGL book that is based exclusively on Java? There are a lot of OpenGL books out there but most of them are all about Visual C++ or C#. Thank you for any replies.
Advertisement
I don't know of any, but OpenGL is really not that language-specific. As long as there are bindings for it, you can do it in your language of choice (Even python and such, though I can't comment on python bindings performance). As you may know, there are a number of OpenGL bindings for Java. All you really need to get started is the red book from opengl.org and the javadocs for your binding of choice (I use lwjgl, it maps over nearly one-to-one).
Thanks for your reply lightbringer, the thing is I only really know one language well:Java. So far I have only found one book that seems to fit what I am looking for:
Learning Java Bindings for OpenGL (JOGL) by Gene Davis. It's only 188 pages long though. Seems a bit short. Reviews for it are mixed.
Download the red book. It's language neutral, all the code can quite happily be applied to OpenGL in Java.

IMHO, avoid Jogl and go with LWJGL instead you'll find it somewhat easier to get started (and I belive the NeHe tutorials have lwjgl versions).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement