Sign in to follow this  
smacker

system resources

smacker    122
im using C# and the newest release of directX, when my aplication is runing it is using 100% of my system resources. I started to think maybe it is how my rendering is being called. here is how im doing it right now, for each new screen I have created a new class, two for example are intro, and loginscreen, now in my main class in the rendering loop I use bool's here is how it looks if (loginscreenbool == true) { loginscreen l = new loginscreen(); l.RenderLogin(device, elapseTime, this); } and so on for each new screen there is something that looks like this, is this a bad idea? if so how do others render different screens, im sure there are many ways to do this any help would be great. thanks

Spoonbender    1258
Quote:
Original post by smacker
im using C# and the newest release of directX, when my aplication is runing it is using 100% of my system resources.

By system resources I assume you mean CPU time?

If so, here's a hint. Why shouldn't it use 100% CPU? It's probably safe to assume that rendering a frame takes 100% CPU for a short while. What happens after that? Basically, when is it supposed to slow down to using less than 100%?

[smile]