[SORRY] Drawing tablet reccomendations?

Started by
14 comments, last by Peter Szabo Gabor 18 years, 4 months ago
I'm looking for a mid-range drawing tablet. I remember seeing this asked before, but maybe things have changed since then. Do you guys have any recommendations? I don't need the absolute best. [Edited by - Daniel Miller on December 5, 2005 11:06:56 AM]
Advertisement
I guess the recommendation depends on what you consider "mid-range" and what your budget is. Right now I think the best bang for your buck would be Graphire4 4x5 or 6x8.
That looks like a good recommendation, and it's in my price range ($100-200 USD).

Thanks!
In case you still haven't bought it, you can get a 9x12 Aiptek 12000U that's in your same price range. I think target.com has them in their online store.
I've got a Wacom Graphire 4x6, and can vouch for it. You can't draw as quickly as you might like (you won't get smooth lines if you try to sketch), but is very nice. The pressure works well, and the pen is easy to use. I'm not an amazing artist, but you can get some nice work (and it doesn't have to be comic style of course, but I had these online anyways).

gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
If you're a student you can get some good prices on wacom tablets at Academic Superstore.
Quote:Original post by Wolfmanyoda
If you're a student you can get some good prices on wacom tablets at Academic Superstore.
Damn, that is a nice site. Our university has a deal with Hi-Ed, but no Wacom with them. Also, that site will be nice for me when I lose my current pen for good (I need to tether it to my foot or something).

Also, you don't know how much I want one of those Cintiq tablets... Even for video editing, it would make life so much easier, much less the ease of actually drawing!
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote:Original post by Avatar God
Also, you don't know how much I want one of those Cintiq tablets...

I'd love to just try one out. I splurged and bought the Intuos3 6x8 from that site and never regretted it.

I just use a Graphire3 4x5, and you can get great results out of it...it all depends on what you put into it. I did this a while ago, just on the 4x5 pad, freehand...

Quote:Original post by Avatar God
Also, you don't know how much I want one of those Cintiq tablets... Even for video editing, it would make life so much easier, much less the ease of actually drawing!

I just went to the logical extreme and got a Tablet PC. It's nice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement