Sign in to follow this  
dxFoo

Tricks 3 rumor!

dxFoo    100
I doubt it's a rumor since it came from the man himself! "I am planning tricks 3 for 2008/2009 release on basically how to made a 3D accelerated DOOM 3 engine potentially" Quoted from here, username: necron http://205.158.110.70/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=001066 All I can say is w00t! dxfoo

jfclavette    1058
I find it hi-la-rious that some who consider himself an author is unable to write a single intelligible sentence on a messageboard. Even more so given that this sentence, as far as I can see, amounts to the first public announcement of his new book. I also find it funny that he babbled about Doom3-quality-engine but carfully added 'potentially' at the end of the sentence.

"Well, here's your new trigonometry book children. It'll make Astrophysics Ph. D out of you, potentially."

Oh well... we'll see.

c0uchm0nster    182
"Tricks 3, releasing in 2009, will teach you how to make a 2005-quality game engine in half the time! Small print: Half the time will still be 1-2 years, at which point the doom3 engine has a good chance of being open source, and about as appealing as the q3 engine was in 2003."

jbadams    25677
I'm going to move this to "Your Announcements" (although really I don't know that it needs to be anywhere considering how far off that is and that it's a very unofficial "announcement").

Sign in to follow this