Tricks 3 rumor!

Started by
4 comments, last by jbadams 18 years, 4 months ago
I doubt it's a rumor since it came from the man himself! "I am planning tricks 3 for 2008/2009 release on basically how to made a 3D accelerated DOOM 3 engine potentially" Quoted from here, username: necron http://205.158.110.70/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=001066 All I can say is w00t! dxfoo
Advertisement
That will definatly be a good read, cant wait.
I find it hi-la-rious that some who consider himself an author is unable to write a single intelligible sentence on a messageboard. Even more so given that this sentence, as far as I can see, amounts to the first public announcement of his new book. I also find it funny that he babbled about Doom3-quality-engine but carfully added 'potentially' at the end of the sentence.

"Well, here's your new trigonometry book children. It'll make Astrophysics Ph. D out of you, potentially."

Oh well... we'll see.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Yeah... potentially. That remove a lot of credibility in the statement.

Edit : And by the way... wrong board. This doensn't look like a question at all.
"Tricks 3, releasing in 2009, will teach you how to make a 2005-quality game engine in half the time! Small print: Half the time will still be 1-2 years, at which point the doom3 engine has a good chance of being open source, and about as appealing as the q3 engine was in 2003."
I'm going to move this to "Your Announcements" (although really I don't know that it needs to be anywhere considering how far off that is and that it's a very unofficial "announcement").

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement