Dup Install of VC++ Express 2005??

Started by
2 comments, last by LorenzoGatti 18 years, 4 months ago
I was wondering if someone who has installed Visual C++ Express 2005 off of Microsoft's site can tell me if it is normal to have both: Microsoft MSDN 2005 Express Edition - ENU and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - ENU Both listed as 681.00MB installs. It seems I have installed the same thing twice? Here is a screenshot of my "Add / Remove Programs" screen, showing what appear to be duplicate installs.
Advertisement
That's just a quirk of the installer. MSDN Express and Visual C++ Express are not the same thing or the same size. The installer just simply registered the same size for both. You can ignore that.
Quote:Original post by Mastaba
That's just a quirk of the installer. MSDN Express and Visual C++ Express are not the same thing or the same size. The installer just simply registered the same size for both. You can ignore that.

I'll ignore it then!!

Thanks!

Quote:The installer just simply registered the same size for both.

I noticed the same thing for Python libraries, which are installed through the regular Windows setup to the shared Python24\Lib\site-packages directory.
I suppose the installer equates the size of the target directory of the installation with the size of the installed package, including alredy existing files in the tally.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement