System Temp

Started by
9 comments, last by bikola_p 18 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys, im wondering if it is possible to find the system temp from the Windows, i want my program to have the system temp, however im thinking the OS doesnt have this. Secondly if not possible to get this from OS, is there a general method to get this from bios.
Advertisement
See MSDN here.

Illco
Do you really need to find the directory itself or just create temporary files in it?
If it's the latter then the standard tmpnam() function should be sufficient.
Um, do you mean "temp" as in "temperature"?

There's no general way to get the temperature from the system. They all seem to have different methods for reporting temperature (not to mention they all have different probe locations). Your best bet is to use a program like SpeedFan and parse the log files or something...
Quote:Original post by Dean Harding
Um, do you mean "temp" as in "temperature"?
Of course..
I know I should've suspected something when the OP suggested retrieving it from the BIOS.
Right.
Wow! It took five posts to decipher the question!
I suggest that these kind of unclear questions should be removed.
If the people asking the questions doesn't spend more than 30 secs to formulate it, why should other people bother with a 5 minute reply?
Nice suggestion from someone who didn't bother to log in or subscribe.

(unless this is this bug that posts as AP while being logged in in which case this can be disregarded)
What i meant to say is temperature. Sorry if not clear. Any Suggestions?
These references might help.

Getting CPU temp
Win32_TemperatureProbe.
DOC: WMI: Win32_TemperatureProbe.CurrentReading Is Not Populated
WMI connections made easy in VB.NET

Maximum CPU Temperature
Cpu information
System Management BIOS (SMBIOS) Specification

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement