mmm...VC8!

Started by
4 comments, last by templewulf 18 years, 4 months ago
I'm migrating an SDL-based game skeleton from VC7 Pro to VC8 Express. I finally conquered my Platform SDK troubles, but now I have a new problem from, seemingly, the STL. It worked perfectly in VC7.
WulfLog.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > & __thiscall std::vector<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::allocator<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > > >::operator[](unsigned int)" (??A?$vector@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@V?$allocator@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@2@@std@@QAEAAV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@I@Z)
To make it easier, CrtDbgReportW is an unresolved symbol referenced by string::operator[]. For reference, I never use the string::operator[] in my program, though I do use vector<string>::operator[] in my Log class. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Did I break the STL? Thanks.
XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
Advertisement
Are you mixing unicode and whatever that word I've forgotten that means non-unicode?
afaik there is no crt-debug lib in the express editions ... so maybe the #define _DEBUG screws it up ...
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs24szh9.aspx)

at the moment i compile without _DEBUG ... because with it ... it fails 8[
Quote:Original post by Bezben
Are you mixing unicode and whatever that word I've forgotten that means non-unicode?
ASCII? EBCDIC?

Quote:Original post by ronnybrendel
afaik there is no crt-debug lib in the express editions ... so maybe the #define _DEBUG screws it up ...
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs24szh9.aspx)

at the moment i compile without _DEBUG ... because with it ... it fails 8[
How did you deal with _DEBUG? Just #undef? Do you think there's a way to un-break it for the express version?

Ratings++ by the way.
if you use debug mode by default there is _DEBUG defined ...

try to compile in release mode ... ( or search under project-options-c/c++->preproccessor the _DEBUG definition and delete it )

hope it works
Quote:Original post by ronnybrendel
if you use debug mode by default there is _DEBUG defined ...

try to compile in release mode ... ( or search under project-options-c/c++->preproccessor the _DEBUG definition and delete it )

hope it works

Compiling in release mode worked just fine! I was wondering more along the lines of un-crippling debug mode, though. Is it possible to download libraries to enable that functionality, or is that one thing you pay for in professional?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement