fbo crashing

Started by
3 comments, last by zedzeek 18 years, 4 months ago
Anyone had problems with fbo's crashing on NV-cards? Our application works perfectly on ATI, but when exiting the program on NV-cards we get an "Access violation reading location 0xfeeeff02" =) We have narrowed it down to the fbo's, it works fine without them. We can however initialize them, but it is when changing drawbuffer to the fbo and switching between color_attachments the troubles begin. The fbo-status is fine throughout the program.
Advertisement
Hi

I cant second this. FBO works fine here on GF6600GT even when switching the draw buffer and color attachments multiple times a frame.

mod42
Quote:Original post by mod42
Hi

I cant second this. FBO works fine here on GF6600GT even when switching the draw buffer and color attachments multiple times a frame.

mod42

I have no issues with FBO's either and I am on a 6800GT. I am using a depth buffer and 2 color attachements with drawbuffers.
Well, we know that fbo's DO work on NV-cards, and we actually got it working. We're developing a raycaster-addon in a quite big and complex application and the raycaster works great by itself (with fbo's, on NV) but merged into the big application it crashes on exit as mentioned above. So... I guess that our real question is if anyone has experience of something that isn't compatible with using fbo's on NV cards. Apparently something takes place in the big app that is bad for the fbo's, but it would probably take us a month to go through all the code =)

thanks for replying!
ive had troubles before with VBOs when u have DLs elsewhere (only if the DL contains TRI_FANS)
*so perhaps disable all DLs
*see if youre only using TRIs + QUADs

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement