Sign in to follow this  
GDKnight

[.net] C# ASP.NET Web Applications

For my C# class I thought I would get a head start on my final project. Its a C# ASP.NET Web Application. I've never made an application like this especially using Visual Studio as my IDE. I managed to make a button that prints hello world in a text box on the page. How ever I was wondering if anyone could point me into the direction of some good tutorials for this. I have tried looking hard on google but its very hard to find any information. I am using Visual Studio 2003. Someone told me that this version sucks to make applications like this in this particular version, seeing as I have no choice that is irrelevant.

Quote:
Original post by GDKnight
I managed to make a button that prints hello world in a text box on the page. How ever I was wondering if anyone could point me into the direction of some good tutorials for this.

It depends on your level of experience in other programming languages and applications. It's an advantage if you're familiar with the C-family syntax. If you've made web applications before (using scripting like PHP or ASP), that'll make your life a lot easier as wel. I'd say buy (or borrow) a good book that best suits your needs.
Quote:
Original post by GDKnight
I have tried looking hard on google but its very hard to find any information. I am using Visual Studio 2003. Someone told me that this version sucks to make applications like this in this particular version, seeing as I have no choice that is irrelevant.

That's nonsense. I write C# web applications for a profession, and I've used 2003 for the last two or three years now. I haven't noticed any serious problems with it, although I will upgrade to 2005 soon (I'm always a little reluctant to change , but I will have to keep up with technology [smile]). But if you could tell me why it would suck, I may be able to confirm certain issues.

I will say the following: Visual Studio 2003 and ASP.NET suck compared to Visual Studio 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0.

Now, with that out of the way, head to ASP.NET for quickstart tutorials, downloadable controls, sample code, articles and so on for ASP.NET and ASP.NET 2.0 development. Also rummage around The Code Project and Got Dot Net.

Finally, remember that the home of much documentation for Microsoft tools and technologies is a rich site that is often overlooked because it isn't very "tutorial-ish." Don't sleep on MSDN.

I have done a lot of php coding and actually I did some ASP coding. The ASP.NET with C# is very different in comparison, I am really looking for some tutorials for it I can get basic things up.

I am having a hard time figuring out what more I can do with it. Such as dynamic web sites for example, I can set the data in a text box but what about if I just wish to write it on a pain text inside of a table. Can't find much info in this for instance.