[web] html help

Started by
7 comments, last by Xipe 18 years, 4 months ago
How do I make a table appear over an image rather then the image being the background of the cells.
Advertisement
you can use div tags
CheersChris
Can you give me an example of what it would look like? Im new to html.
Simple. Attach the background image to the table tag instead of the cells :-)

<table style="background-image: url('image.png');">
<tr>
</tr>
</table>

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

I know how to make the table I just dont know how to get the image behind it. That didnt work.
Perhaps this...

<div style="background-image: url('image.png');">    <table>        ...    </table></div>
Also make sure you don'ty set any backgrounds (not even colors) on the rows and cells (or the table itself, if you try Mattman's code). They should be transparent so the background image shines through.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

<table border="3" align="center">
<tr>
<td>Main</td>
<td>Forums</td>
<td>Contact Us</td>
<td>Links</td>
</tr>
</table>

That is the info for the table the image is at this link http://comicdev.atomictiger.net/LinkBar.gif if you could make that work and post it that would be a great help. I can't figure it out lol. I'm probably doing somthing stupid but I can play noob card lol.
<table width="980" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">  <tr background="http://comicdev.atomictiger.net/LinkBar.gif">    <td height="40" align="center">Main</td>    <td align="center">Forums</td>    <td align="center">Contact Us</td>    <td align="center">Links</td>  </tr></table>

Quote:I'm probably doing somthing stupid but I can play noob card lol.

Or you could do this next time.

[Edited by - Xipe on November 30, 2005 6:59:15 AM]
--There is only one basic human right and that is the right to do as you damn well please, and with that right comes the only human duty; the duty to take the consequences.-- P.J. O'Rourke

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement