Sign in to follow this  
NightMarez

Converting some c++ files to java files?

NightMarez    108
Hi there :) Im looking at some cryptation files for network in c++ that uses memory map and stuff, that i need convertet to java. however, its giving me alot of headacke, and i was wondering if anyone in here would be interrestet in lending me a hand converting them? its not alot of code, some of it is already convertet, but now im kinda stuck. the code is here (4 c++ files, 3 java files i been working on) : http://www.freeplay.dk/ls/ctoj.zip if you convert them, mail them to me please to : admin@freeplay.dk many thanks to ANY help you can give.

Sneftel    1788
You cannot convert C++ to Java. The featuresets are too different. In all of the cases I have seen where someone takes a .cpp file and tries to edit it into a .java file, they end up spending more time and ending up with a crappier result than if they rewrote using the same overall structure.

NightMarez    108
hum okay, i got told you can, you just need to fix the variables like

unsigned long in c++ is long[] in java and so on.

and i did already rewrite alot of it, just the last parts giving me problems.

d_emmanuel    271
Depending on what your exact needs are, you might also want to consider using the JNI (Java Native Interface). This allows you to call C/C++ code directly from Java.