vs .net 2005 standard ed.

Started by
4 comments, last by johnhattan 18 years, 4 months ago
does the vs .net 2005 standard ed. have resource editing in win32 c++? i know the express ed doesnt have it. the reason why i ask is because i might buy it and if it doesnt then i am going to stick with the express ed. and what other features does the standard edition have oppose to the express ed.
Advertisement
You could do try something like Google for visual studio 2005 comparison.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
I can't say for certain with 2005, but in previous releases the primary difference between the standard and professional was the optimizing compiler (only in pro).

You should have all the tools you need to make an application with standard.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
You could do try something like Google for visual studio 2005 comparison.

umm, i dont see resource editing in the comparison chart
ok i found out my answer. it does do resource editing.

so i guess i will buy it.

cause it does more things then the express edition.
Quote:Original post by Shannon Barber
I can't say for certain with 2005, but in previous releases the primary difference between the standard and professional was the optimizing compiler (only in pro).

You should have all the tools you need to make an application with standard.
According to the FAQ, all editions come with the optimizing compiler now.

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement