• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rayce

hl2

This topic is 4856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i finally have been able to get a good enough system for halflife2 and i want to make weapons for it-- i mean both model and code them. i know you can get the xsi modeler for mods for free, but i don't have a compatible coding environment (devcpp doesn't work). the one they recommend is a little expensive, does can anyone offer any solutions?

Advertisement
They recommend Visual Studio .NET 2003.

What you could do is get Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition (which is free) however I'm not sure if it can compile the SDK properly. What I heard was VALVe were working with Microsoft to make a free compiler for the SDK however that could of been a rumour.

So I'd say try VC++ 2005 Express (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/) if it doesnt work then the best bet would be to get Visual Studio .NET 2003

it does not work(for now), thanx anyway, but, like i said, i don't have money for the compiler they expect. any other ideas?

All I know is that they are working to get VS Express and the Source SDK functional together.

Download the Microsoft Visual Studio Toolkit 2003 and use that compiler instead of the standard one used with Dev-C++, GCC. The Windows Platform SDK might also help you, but since I haven't compiled the HL2 SDK myself yet, I cannot share my experiences with that SDK in particular. But I've compiled tons of MSVC projects using the free MSVC compiler (the Toolkit written above).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!