• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
binderben

Testing Games

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I was wondering how I would test my game for performance on slower machines(I don't have access to other computers) Is there some kind of program that can simulate a slower computer. I am running 3.2ghz with 2gb of ram and 512 of video. so I cant really get accurate results on my computer. Thanks

Advertisement
Well, the easiest way is to let other people test your game (or a demo version of it). Some program might not give accurate results..

If all you want to do, is to test the effect of a different frame rate on the game logic, I suggest you do it manually. Add some extra idle time to every game loop or make the graphics render much faster or something like that..

Yes, perhaps the GDNet showcase would be useful to you? Or if you have a website then upload it and post a link (with screenshots) in the Announcements forum - should get a good spread of people willing to test it.

And you could link to it in this thread as well, of course!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!