• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tano

Texture Dimension..

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've load a mesh ( .x) with a texture only texture ( .bmp 300kb ) but this mesh is really slow when i try to rotate it. So, the texture is too big? Or what? Please give me some reply! (sorry for my bad english ^_^).

Advertisement
Try to rotate the mesh using no texture at all. If everything runs smothly then, yes you might have a texture problem. But such a small bmp shouldnt give any problems. What are the texture dimensions?

Also check the number of polygons/triangles in the mesh. If the mesh has over a million or so triangles it might severely impact your framerate.

I hope this helps.
Take care.

I've tried with a simple bmp, a 128x128 bmp and that's work fine.. But the texture i will use is 800x800 and now is 100Kb..

Quote:
Original post by Armadon
Also check the number of polygons/triangles in the mesh.

Directx have a function to check the number of polygons/tringles of a mesh?

Yes ID3DXMesh::GetNumFaces() returns the number of faces (triangles) in a mesh.
ID3DXMesh::GetNumVertices() returns the number of vertices.

What video card are you using?

Thanks. I use a Sapphire 9600XT 256MB RAM. Anyway.. I tried to load mesh with "MeshView" the FPS is around 1200 fps.. There are 474 vertices..

Now i tried to load a example mesh from DX Tutorial. This mesh is Tiny.x . So now i've the identic problem.. That's slow. I've used a normal load mesh function (i learn that from DX Tutorial) and i thiks is this the problem. So, there are some tutorial for optimeze the load mesh and complex mesh?

(sorry for my bad english.. ^^).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!