• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LtJax

GLX_NV_video_out

This topic is 4855 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello I've noticed the extension GLX_NV_video_out shows up in my GLX extension string. (using a GF4200Ti on Linux/X) However, I haven't found any information on it anywhere on the net but the function entry points in nvidia's glxext.h. Those still don't give me a real clue as to what the extension actually does. Anyone got a clue as to what it is supposed to do? My guess is that allows direct access to the TV out on nvidia cards..

Advertisement
Interesting, I never noticed this extension. Strange that Google only returns one single result, being the said glxext.h. Maybe try posting this in the opengl.org developer forums ? There are a few guys from the nVidia driver development team on there.

Finally got an answer from nvidia's programming support. Just for the record, here's what I got in the reply:

Quote:

GLX_NV_video_out is a NVIDIA specific extension for use with
Quadro FX 4000 SDI.

This extension permits a color/depth pbuffer to be used for rendering
that is used display on a video output device (like SDI). p-buffers can
be 8-bits per component or fp16 per component. Once a p-buffer
is available to be displayed, it can be sent directly to the SDI
device (up to 10-bits per component).

This is pretty interresting because of the 10-bit component display, if you have one that supports it. Also, I guess it could be used for video overlays in linux..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!