• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gavinb

opengl es - 2d

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, not sure if this the right forums :) I am wrtitng for a mobile console using opengl es, i need an easy way to show a full screen 2d image. could someone point me to some SIMPLE source code that shows a quick way of doing this???? i have got a window running a gl surface etc. created and i can use this to change the screen color, its litterly just doing the image part i'm having probs with thanks

Advertisement
OGL:ES doesn't support many raster image operations (2D bitmaps)

To display a 2D image, draw the image as a textured quad that fills the whole view frustum. For the default ortho matrix it's easy, just a rectangle at the 1's. See the nehe tutorial on textured quads. You'll need to modify it some since ES also doesn't have primative support that the tutorial needs.

As far as full screen mode goes, that's going to depend on your system. There are many good examples on the khronos site that might have an example for you.

frob.

just one thing, ogl es 1.1 have the drawTexture extension which draws textures directily to the framebuffer if you looking for something faster, howver i never used it myself

really....i'll look at the .h files for it and see if its there. the sdk for the Gizmondo is laking some commands

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!