• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Trapper Zoid

NaNoWriMo - how did you go?

This topic is 4855 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

While I didn't enter this competition myself, I was following the previous thread about how everyone was going with writing their novels with interest (it sounds really cool; I'm thinking of giving this a try next year so I can finally write that schlocky fantasy novel I've always been meaning to write). Now that the month is over, I was wondering how everyone went with their writing. How did it go? Did you make 50,000 words?

Advertisement
The previous thread was in the lounge, actually. Me, I quit at 22k because I wasn't having fun forcing myself to write at such a pace, and my first draft was about 20% lower quality than usual.

I got as far as considering it, researching the information necessary to get the details in the ballpark (the concept was a somewhat hardcore variety of SF), and writing a 1500 word detailed outline. I even figured out what plot points needed to go where in each chapter, and I got all this shoved into my project management software. This was November 1st.

I got no further due to a suddeh overload of actual money-making work. Oh well... next year!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!