• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Beaverbutt8

Sound

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I am using OpenGL to make my game "Polar Penguin", and i would like to add sound. I am aware of the fact that OpenGL is for rendering - not sound or collision or some such thing. But, obviously there is still a way, right? If anyone knows how, or knows of a good tutorial showing how, i would greatly appreciate their help :) Thanks :D Mike

Advertisement
You'll have to use an additional library/API. Some examples include FMOD or SDL. If your program is for Windows you can use DirectSound or even the Windows Multimedia API.

I'd use a third party library like SDL (SDL_mixer is available if you go that route, it's much better) or FMOD, as was said before.

Another api you could use is OpenAl which I've heard go things about and seen quite a few times used in conjunction with openGl.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!