• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stompy9999

Stompy 2 Demo

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone! I'm currently working on an arcade shooting game called Stompy 2: The Revenge, the sequel to Stompy. I've gotten to the point where I want to show off a demo of the game. You can download the demo here Controls: w - move up d - move right s - move down a - move left arrow keys - shoot in any direction Here is a screenshot of the game: Any feedback on the game would be appreciated.

Advertisement
Not bad! Good work Stompy. However, a few quirks.

1. Insta-die is a bummer [sad]. Perhaps a life counter or heath bar.
2. Lack of 'fun factor'. I know this is still a demo, and I'm not sure what you plan to add, so perhaps you can talk about that. I'd like to see power-ups to be able to shoot faster, or a system of different weapons, etc...
3. Monsters really blend in with your level tiles. Perhaps color changes can help identify them better and give the player more visuals to which ones they need to kill first.

Other than that, great progress so far! Keep it up

Quote:
Original post by Drew_Benton
Not bad! Good work Stompy. However, a few quirks.

1. Insta-die is a bummer [sad]. Perhaps a life counter or heath bar.
2. Lack of 'fun factor'. I know this is still a demo, and I'm not sure what you plan to add, so perhaps you can talk about that. I'd like to see power-ups to be able to shoot faster, or a system of different weapons, etc...
3. Monsters really blend in with your level tiles. Perhaps color changes can help identify them better and give the player more visuals to which ones they need to kill first.

Other than that, great progress so far! Keep it up

1. I plan to add a set number of lives. For instance, you'll probably start with 3 lives and than once you get a certain amount of points, you get an extra life.

2. The game will have different weapons to choose from, such as machine guns and shotguns which will fire in a spread. Also, the level in the demo is only one demo, where as the actual game should have about 5 different levels. Each level will have different types of enemies and a different look.

3. I should probably change the robot enemies to be something other than the same grey as the floor. I didn't think it would be an issue, but if it is, I'll definetly change it.

Thanks for the feedback!

i like but yeah the instadeath thing really sucks...and what all of what teh above poster said..

all in all its really cool

Quote:
Original post by Stompy9999
2. The game will have different weapons to choose from, such as machine guns and shotguns which will fire in a spread. Also, the level in the demo is only one demo, where as the actual game should have about 5 different levels. Each level will have different types of enemies and a different look.

[grin] Well then, don't hesite to release that demo when done! Good luck! Oh and are you going to convert your resources into using a file system, or is it just going to be listed out like they are now? I think it'd be a good excersise if you have the time for a version 2 [wink]

Great progress I got 3450. Though my hand is numb by now :). And one more thing it seems that it is getting slower if there are allot of enemyes near.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!