keycodes of Samsung X497

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 4 months ago
Hi all, I have developed a game for a number of handsets, but it is not working on Samsung X497. The issue is, that the soft keys on this handset does not work, so we cannot select a menu and all.... I have not implemented commandAction, my game just makes use of the keyCodes, by keyPressed() method.... And problem in implementing commandAction NOW is that I will have to change all the sizes of images etc. If anyone has worked on Samsung X497, and happens to know the keyCodes of the handsets(especially of 2 soft keys, select key and the clear key)...kindly post it... Thanx... Gud day.. Ramy.....
Advertisement
I do not have the phone handy at the moment, but finding this out for yourself is really quite simple. Just write some code that displays the key code of the last key pressed. Make sure you don't add any Commands to your screen as they may block the key press from coming in as a keyPressed() event.

It should also be noted that I have in fact run into phones that don't give key events at all for the soft keys and the only way to got them is to implement commandAction.
Thanx,

and this is such a phone, the one which does not report the keyPressed() for soft keys, So implemented commandAction..

Ramy...
Such is the life of Java *sigh*.

"Java is like regular duct tape; it has a light side and a dark side, but all you ever see is the dark side."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement