• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JSicking

Balls to the Wall - Beta Build

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Heyo one and all. I'm Justin Sicking, one of the members of the Litteratus development team. The team and I have been working hard these last four months on our independent game title, Balls to the Wall. It's a puzzle/race against the clock game where the object is to get from point a to point b before the time runs out. We also have several different game modes for singleplayer and multiplayer. We recently completed our Beta build of the game and have it hosted for free download on our website, www.litteratus.net. We're all pretty proud of what we've got thus far. We're taking the next couple weeks to tweak what we've got thusfar and make a bunch of levels. So if you get a chance, visit our website, download our game, and let us know what you think. You can post your opinions, suggestions, or bug reports on our forums as well. Thank you all for your support. Sincerely, Justin

Advertisement
Because my teammate so neglected to post at least a hyperlink above, I am going to improve on this annoucement a bit.

Litteratus Homepage

Also I would like to mention that this is a Student Project.
All assets were done internally by the team, with the exception of the audio, which was done by an intern at the school.

Thanks for taking a look!
Shane
Litteratus

Wow, the look of the screenshot kind of reminds me of Marble Madness for the NES...I'll definitely try this when I get home from work!!

Just a little update, our final presentation went over really well. Got alot of compliments from teachers and fellow students. We're hoping to have the final build up on the server by monday for everyone to check out.

Thanks for the support.

Justin Sicking
Team Litteratus

I meant to download this before, finally getting to it now...just curious (as it's downloading), what about the game takes up so much space? (The download size looks to be > 100 MB.)

The graphics flickered back and forth between a red hue and green hue throughout the menu (didn't try playing). Here are my system stats:

Dell XPS, WinXP
3.2 GHz Pentium 4
512 MB RAM
128 MB ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I believe the current build on the server uses wav file format for our sound assets. We've since changed this and they newer build is only around 60mb. We plan to upload this version soon.

Also, your system specs are more than enough to run the game. As far as the menu's flickering between red and green, that's something we have yet to encounter. However we have included anti-aliasing and brightness options for the video in the newest build of the game, though I doubt this will fix the problem. Thank you for the notice though, we'll have to look into that.

Justin
Team Litteratus

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!