• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
willthiswork89

Setting up directx

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i need to setup direct x sdk in Dev c++, first i dunno where to get the sdk and second i have no idea how to set it up...people are saying i gatta make my own libs and stuff.?

Advertisement
You can download the latest (October) DirectX SDK here.

Once you've done that, move everything into the correct folders that relate to Dev-C++ (E.G. move the Include directory in the DirectX SDK to your Include directory in Dev-C++).

Then, you can start developing using the DX SDK!

Good luck.

You need .lib files, and there is some problem with this in Dev

Why not download Visual Studio 2005 express?

i put the lib into the lib and the includ einto the include but isnt there some dlls for the bin? i didnt see any...also im getting lniker errors so i MUST need linkers and i googled how to set this up for dev and no luck...

Guest Anonymous Poster
anyone?

Personally, I'd go with the suggestion of downloading Visual Studio 2005 express. I use VS and am very happy with it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
whats that gatta do with the dlls? it still is utterly useless without the dls and stuff..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!