GTL Beta 1 Release

Started by
8 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 18 years, 4 months ago
Yes folks, its in stores now... well, on sourceforge anyways. GTL Webpage Sourceforge project page If you want more details see my journal. All feedback, comments and bug reports welcomed [smile]
Advertisement
Can't comment on the library, but the links at the bottom of the page are in sore need of fixing -_-;;;
3. Error notes: File does not exist: /home/groups/t/tg/tgtl/htdocs/documentation/types/index.html

This may be going a bit off-track for a _loader_, but seeing as it's a library for games, maybe you wanna add support for dumping stuff back to disk in one of the supported formats? One of the nicer features of DevIL, imho, and it makes screenshots rather easy ^_^
ah yes, that was my bad.. I really should have removed those links plus some others [grin]
I will fix it now..

As saver will probably happen, but it will just end up being a stand alone aux lib for the GTL, as dumping things to disk is a pretty trival task and I'd rather get the loader sorted and confirmed working first [smile]
Looking very interesting. Might just replace devil which feels like quite a bit of overkill anyway (and funny to notice gtl supports exactly the formats I didn't disable in devil).
f@dzhttp://festini.device-zero.de
well, those are the only formats I've ever found usefull when it comes to gamedev [grin]
Finally! What took you so long? :D
Great job! And what a nice, simple interface.
I will try this out soon.
Very, very cool. I quickly checked out the user documentation and think a .NET interface is very possible. I'll get on top of it once I get the chance. Will you be publishing tutorials on how to convert the image data to different texture formats? OpenGL textures, DirectX textures, SDL surfaces, etc? It would be neat if there were plugin interfaces used to convert the data.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
There should be two simple examples with the zip which shows how to load different image formats in and how to upload them to OpenGL.

No DX examples exist simply because I'm not a DX coder [grin] However, I've had a look over the DX9 docs and it looks pretty easy to get the data in from the current interface (Create a texture then use D3DXFillTexture to get the data in), howver a couple of helpper functions might be usefull.

SDL is on the books, this will be a C function which does a bit of background work to convert the GTL::Image struct to an SDL_surface and then return it.

Also, I've been considering a couple of wrapper functions to deal with uploading data to OpenGL as well, instead of the large 'if..else' block you see in the example code.

As and when these are done they should be source packages which are seperate from the main GTL distro, in the case of things which are C++ in their own namespace either in the GTL namespace or a seperate one.

Does that cover what you were wondering about?

edit:
PS, everything is now in the CVS on sourceforge
I had some troubles when it came to PhysFS support because although there is a PhysFS.NET, I couldn't build it correctly into a DLL, which is what's needed. So, unless you provide me with a precompiled PhysFS.dll and precompiled DLL version of GTL [hint hint], I don't think I'll beable to create the .NET interface for it... [wink]
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
heh, nice hinting [grin]

I'll see what I can do.. I need to make another release anyways as there is a fatal error when trying to build with PhysFS support, I mucked up a function def and for some reason it let it compile just fine *grumbles*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement