• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Caranfil

Can't track down memory leaks

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I quit my application the debugger reports a number of memory leaks. If I enter the highest AllocID in the DirectX debugger panel,the Aplication breaks in a DrawPrimitive or a Present call wich is not helping at all. How can I find the source of this memory leaks? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Try entering the lowest one (they are sequentially numbered) because one call can trigger several leaks. Then try entering either of them as it may provide clues. Try commenting the rendering call and see if it still happens. So on with other suspicious parts. Be sure to turn on DX debug reports as well. As well as the CRT debugger which will report memory leaks too.

Illco

Thanks for answer. I didn't managed to solve the problem though. I've commented out the DrawPrimitive call but then the debugger breaks on Present or another DrawPrimitive call. When I tried introducing the lowest AllocID it would break at a Win32Api call ( ShowWindow ). My application doesn't crash so I'll leave this issue aside for now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!