• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
levjs

Beginning of a Game(first screenshots)

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I've started a game and have some first screenshots up. The Screen for choosing the level to play(you will be able to go in and out of levels as you please). The gameplay. It's in early deveolpment still, but the basic idea is that you are mining the asteroids. Levi

Advertisement
Looks pretty interesting. Is this your first big project? How are you finding it?

Yes, this is my first big project. It's going pretty smoothly right now. The main thing I'm having trouble with is finding the time to be able to work on it. : )

I like it. I wonder what your using to make it with? Looks good so far. I used to play the crap out of Astroids on my Atari 2600. lol..Make sure ya keep us posted on more screen shots, and a release!

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Quote:
I wonder what your using to make it with?

The API is OpenGL.
Quote:
Make sure ya keep us posted on more screen shots, and a release!

:) Will do.
Levi

Quote:
Original post by laugheazy
I like it. I wonder what your using to make it with? Looks good so far. I used to play the crap out of Astroids on my Atari 2600. lol..Make sure ya keep us posted on more screen shots, and a release!

Look at my game, Asteroids of Beyaan, I think you'll like that game :)

This game looks interesting! Is it fully 3D movement? How do you mine the asteroids?

Quote:
Look at my game, Asteroids of Beyaan, I think you'll like that game :)

I know you weren't talking to me, but I downloaded your game, and it exits before it runs. Is there something that I can do, I would really like to try it out.

Quote:
Is it fully 3D movement?

No, just on the X and Y axis.

Quote:
How do you mine the asteroids?

You will have some kind of gun/ray. Haven't implemented it in the game yet, so far I have the basic level structure(it loads the correct number of asteroids for each level), collisions between the asteroids(based on conservation of energy), a boundary, your ship, and you can move around(although the movement is not how it will be in the release).
Levi

Quote:
Original post by levjs
I know you weren't talking to me, but I downloaded your game, and it exits before it runs. Is there something that I can do, I would really like to try it out.

Aww. Ok that means I'll fix that issue today, I'm getting tired of the problem.

Quote:

No, just on the X and Y axis.

3D models on 2D level? Sounds very similar to my game, but yours are trading, mine is combat missions :)

Quote:
You will have some kind of gun/ray. Haven't implemented it in the game yet, so far I have the basic level structure(it loads the correct number of asteroids for each level), collisions between the asteroids(based on conservation of energy), a boundary, your ship, and you can move around(although the movement is not how it will be in the release).
Levi

That sounds like you've made a lot of progress in gameplay. In my current project, I'm still on Level Selection... (If you want to see what it will look like, go here.)Keep up the good work!

Quote:
3D models on 2D level?

:) Yes, I know. By the time I release it, it probably wont be like that.

Your game in progress looks great. Make sure and post it when you're finished.

Edit: Grammatical error fixed.

[Edited by - levjs on December 2, 2005 7:00:52 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!