• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kimmen

wglUseFontBitmaps returns false..

This topic is 4856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've stumbled upon a little problem. What really happends when wglUseFontBitmaps returns false? I've been developing a small game and I use wglUseFontBitmaps to make fonts, of course. But on some computers, it returns false and the font fails to print, of course again. But what is wrong when wglUseFontBitmaps returns false? Something that needs to be installed or old drivers, something like that? I haven't find anything Another issue with wglUseFontBitmaps, does it fail when using the GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT extension? It fails when I try to build a font after I've loaded a picture using the extension above. thanks for the answers in advance! /Kimmen

Advertisement
Quote:
From wglUseFontBitmaps
Return Values
If the function succeeds, the return value is TRUE.

If the function fails, the return value is FALSE. To get extended error information, call GetLastError.
Call GetLastError to get the error code, then FormatMessage to get the error string. There is example code of how to do this on the GetLastError man page.

I have no idea why it wouldn't work just because you have created a texture rectangle before creating the font. Does it work if you create a regular 2d texture instead of a texture rectangle?

And texture rectangles have been promoted to an ARB extension so you should be using that instead of EXT. That shouldn't change anything though because the defines are exactly the same.

Thanks for the answers, but the result from getLastError wasn't expected. wglUseFontBitmaps retuns false but Formating the last error says it was successfull! very strange indeed, do someone knows if the Tao framework does any extra check? (glGetError returns 0 as well).

But it seems like the first call to wglUseFontBitmaps fails after a graphic load, if I do another straight after it will succeed.

Well, thanks anyway!

/Kimmen

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!