• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shaobohou

devcpp optimisation options

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I just curious as to what the various optimisation options (more optimisation and even more optimisations) under compiler setting actually turns on? Which of those options are safe to turn on? Is it similar to g++, i.e. optimisation level above O2 are not safe. thanks Shaobo Ho

Advertisement
If you're using devcpp, then you're probably using the gnu toolchain. that includes g++.

Quote:
Original post by smr
If you're using devcpp, then you're probably using the gnu toolchain. that includes g++.

So, what do the optimisation options in the devcpp gui actually turns on?

Quote:
Original post by shaobohou
So, what do the optimisation options in the devcpp gui actually turns on?

Open up the makefile that devcpp produces (should be in the same folder as your project), and find the line beginning with "CPP_FLAGS =", that should contain all the options sent to g++.

Under Linux (so presumably Windows too with GNU tools) it's usually CXXFLAGS. CPPFLAGS is for the preprocessor.

Quote:
Original post by ZQJ
Under Linux (so presumably Windows too with GNU tools) it's usually CXXFLAGS. CPPFLAGS is for the preprocessor.

Your right, sorry for the misinformation.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!