• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ETFBlade

Mesh / Vertex Buffer troubles

This topic is 4855 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I had a quick question on working with meshes. Currently, I am loading in just a square mesh, and am attempting to do some area sampling on the vertices of that mesh to create a simple rippling effect. However, I am confused as to how to access specific vertices, (i.e. vertices[x,y], vertices[x,y+1] etc. ). I am currently calling my mesh->LockVertexBuffer() and retreiving a pointer to the vertex memory from there, but it seems rather arbitrary as to where specific vertices are. Any help in this is greatly appreciated. Regards, - Dave

Advertisement
It is up to you to decide what order the vertices go in. If you are not using an index buffer, then the order must be the order that the vertices are rendered.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!