Sign in to follow this  

How to render a Video to a Direct3DSurface

This topic is 4392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi People, I'am still searching for an easy way, to render a video to Direct3dSurface. My last try you can read here: Problems with VMR-9, IVMRSurfaceAllocator9 and IVMRImagePresenter9 I still think this would be the right way, but I don't have gotten any answer to my problem, till now :-( The other tries are documented here: Rendering Videos to Direct3DSurface9 via DirectShow So like you have seen I've tried quiet a lot, but till now still failed, so has anybody some tipps, links or tutorials on this matter, so that I can finally get my Intro running...

I guess it's not much help, but this is also something I struggled with in MDX a while back. Tried following Tom Miller's examples, but no go. The DX examples are all tied to the framerate and it seems as if the video->texture is done in some other frame that really screws up my render loop.

--Vic--

Have you been able to create a graph without trying to render to it and if so have you used graphedit to see that it's correct?
Are you using samplegrabber and then dumping it into a texture?

I would give you my video-code if I weren’t so ashamed of it but basicly I just created a graph, by replacing the videorenderer with colorconvertor and sample-grabber. Then dumping the frame I'm currently on when rendering to the texture and the using a sprite simply because it was simpler.

I got the graph working in different versions...
Somes got even the video displayed in a different window...
My last version also got the graph working, as I could see start my DivX codec, when I run my program, but then the Program halts and I Don't have clue, why...

This topic is 4392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.