Sign in to follow this  
kshahar1

Bounded path smoothing

I have a path I need to smooth, and I want the interpolating function to be bounded by a certain distance from the path. It should look like this: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Where r is the distance from the path. I think I should use a Bezier curve and add some control points at the desired distance, I just don't know where to place those points. Any ideas ?

The obvious solution is to place the middle point on the intersection of your lines, and the start and end points on the two different lines. By putting these at a distance R from the intersection, you also bound the distance from the line.

[EDIT] By obvious, I mean this is the first solution I thought of (and that I might have overlooked an important detail). I did not imply any offense.

[Edited by - ToohrVyk on December 3, 2005 9:28:39 AM]

Quote:
Original post by kshahar1
I have a path I need to smooth, and I want the interpolating function to be bounded by a certain distance from the path. It should look like this:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Where r is the distance from the path.

I think I should use a Bezier curve and add some control points at the desired distance, I just don't know where to place those points. Any ideas ?

I came across this article, which you might find helpful.