Sign in to follow this  

Free UML/OO design tool for games

This topic is 4391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I was wondering if there was such a visual design tool that was both free and suited to the game development. I would also need features like: automatic class creation and testing, clever automatic updating of the design when the implementation changes AND compatibility with Visual C++ from the .Net 2003 studio version. I tried a trial of Rational Rose but it doesn't work with .net 2003.

That's some high demands for a free software tool. I am not aware of any free UML tool that allows for round-trip engineering, supports C++ and above all offers VC++ 2k3 integration.
There might be such tools (e.g. plugins) for free IDEs like Eclipse, but I highly doubt that you'll find one for Visual C++.
You might want to consider dropping a few requirements.

Quote:
Original post by ttdeath
I would also need features like: automatic class creation
and testing, clever automatic updating of the design when
the implementation changes AND compatibility with Visual C++
from the .Net 2003 studio version.

You won't find a commercial tool that does all of that, never mind a free one. And certainly none geared towards game dev. The only semi-good free UML tool I've seen was a plugin for Eclipse, but even that was awkward and clunky (but then I tend to think that of all UML tools).

ok, then forget integration and forget game purpose.

Just enumerate some UML tools that can generate class hierarchy
and allow for remaking of the diagram after code changes.

This topic is 4391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.