Next competition?

Started by
62 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 2 months ago
They do fufill the requirements for a Multiplayer & Text based. =0
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by nuvem
I'd really like to see a contest where all entries use the same pre-prepared content, and have to use all of it as a part of the gameplay.

It'd be interesting to see what games people come up with given a ping-pong ball, a ray-gun, and a shopping cart... or some other nonsensical combination of items.

I 2nd this
====Funvill[Home|Tiny xml|Boost|Wiki|STL]====================
Let's do a Christmas themed contest. We are, after all, only 3 days away. Best game submitted by Christmas Eve wins.

-AJ
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
What about programming a Physics demo? To be specific: a Claw Vending machine! (Toy grabbing machine)
Quote:Original post by Pipo DeClown
What about programming a Physics demo? To be specific: a Claw Vending machine! (Toy grabbing machine)

Yeah, but with a railgun instead of a claw! You have to slug the plush bear out of the box!

More seriously, I'm all for text-mode and fixed-content contests.

Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk
Quote:Original post by Pipo DeClown

Yeah, but with a railgun instead of a claw! You have to slug the plush bear out of the box!

More seriously, I'm all for text-mode and fixed-content contests.

I think you should add multiplayer to that list. =-)

Then again, I'm biased...
I'd like each contest to start maybe a month or 6 weeks after the previous one finishes. So there's always something going on - I could do a 3H contest every week or two or a 1week contest every month or two.

But definitely more frequent/regular contests would be good - and maybe a schedule advertising in advance when the next 3H/1W/4E would be.

Some ideas for contests:
Multi-monitor: using dual-monitor in a good way.
Software 3D renderng contest.
Split-screen contest.
Quote:Original post by d000hg
Split-screen contest.

Hey, now that's a cool idea. I'd like the multimon thing too, but unfortunately I think that actually having multiple monitors would be a development requirement, which is a little too restrictive for my liking.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Yes, I do not have multiple monitors that I could use for the project. I think we are better off with something that everyone (almost at least) can do.
Lots of people don't have shader-equppied PCs. Or non-dialup internet connections. All these would prevent some pretty interesting contests being run - the majority of us could get a multimon system for litle or no money.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement