Sign in to follow this  
sokken

::UpdateLayeredWindow, apparently not declared

sokken    122
Hi Ive been doing some simple win32 stuff, using regions. I had some problems (have rather) and was looking for answers when i came across UpdateLayeredWindow() and SetLayeredWindowAttributes(). So i decided i wanted to try using UpdateLayeredWindow().. declared in winuser.h, include windows.h - check import library user32.lib - check Im not manually importing user32.lib, im suspecting dev-c++ of being nice to me, because it works for everything else. I still get "'::UpdateLayeredWindow()' has not been declared" when i try to compile.. Ive rummaged around MSDN a fair bit, and read what appeared to be a good introduction to this piece of API, but didnt really find anything there that could hint to a soloution. Im using dev-c++ v4.9.9.2, sporting the mingW v3.4.2 compiler. If anyone can help me whith this its greatly appreciated /sok

Bezben    202
I think you might have to define your windows version, the layered stuff is win2k+ only IIRC. Try #defining _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501 before you #include "windows.h".

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Because those are newer API functions they are only supported in Windows 2000 and above, so you have to #define certain macros:

#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500
#define WINVER 0x0500

Look here for more information

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
My link didnt work right, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winprog/winprog/using_the_windows_headers.asp should have the all the information you need.