Dev-C++ not creating exeutables

Started by
26 comments, last by RAZORUNREAL 18 years, 4 months ago
I just searched for 11.1.exe and nothing came up. So my computer can't find the exe, so I don't know wtf it could be.
Advertisement
wtf... ok I typed in a hello world app and compiled it and made an executeable then when i typed in my other one it didnt. Why is god punishing me?
It's probably just named or located differently from what you expect.
Well this isnt letting me post my compiler results but they say nothing about creating an exe or where it would be placed
Here we go: g++.exe source.o -o "Project2.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib"
that is the line from my compiler log when I compile a helloworld app telling me it made the exe, but when I compile my other program nothing like that is in the compile log.
"g++.exe array.o -o "11.1" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" "
its making this file instead of my exe
this doesnt make sense I compiled an old program of mine and it made the exe for it. for some reason it just wont compile this code:

#include <iostream.h>

int main()
{
int myArray[5];
int i;
for(i=0; i<5; i++)
{
cout << "Value of myArray[" << i << "]: ";
cin >> myArray;
}
for(i=0; i<5; i++)
cout << "myArray[" << i << "]: " << myArray << "\n";
return 0;
}
Again, I doubt it's the issue at hand, but in the future you'll want to use

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

instead of iostream.h, which is deprecated. I assume your other programs use this too, though, so it wouldn't make much sense.
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
iostream.h does not exsist in C++, try
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
for your uses.

And g++.exe source.o -o "Project2.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" suggests that it is making the EXE, it is just called Project2.exe.
I know its making the exe durign that compile, but that is from a different project that compiles fine. I tried replacing #include <iostream.h> with #include <iostream>
using namespace std;

but it still does not work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement