free webhosting?

Started by
1 comment, last by KGodwin 18 years, 4 months ago
What sites out there offer free webhosting? And out of those sites, what would you recommend? Are there any that don't have as many annoying advertisements, or at least smaller, more discreet ones? Are there some sites that give you a unique domain name (as opposed to geocities.com/btowntkd, you could have www.btowntkd.com) I'd like to start a website where I could display information on myself, resumes, demos of programs I made, etc... Thanks.
Deep Blue Wave - Brian's Dev Blog.
Advertisement
From my experience it's quite hard to find free web-hosting that is really good.

If you can accept a banner at the top you could give 100webspace a try. It's free and is overall a nice place if you want to experiment and learn PHP, mySQL, and so on.
On the downside their servers seems to crash / go down quite often. But, hey it's free. [smile]

Otherwise the forum Faq for web-development located "here" gives more info on other options.

[Edited by - DayZero on December 4, 2005 12:58:04 PM]
Free Classic Arcade Games by Blitzway Games
Places like http://theprimehost.com/ sell webhosting for cheap, like, $2.95 a month. Personally, I think the $36/yr is less irritating than the banner ads. =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement