[.net] Buying Visual C++ .NET

Started by
8 comments, last by -indirectX- 18 years, 4 months ago
Hi there, I've been working with VC++ 6.0 for ages but have started learning about SIMD assembler and need .NET in order to do it. I saw VC++ .NET 2003 on amazon for £100. Does anyone know if there is a newer compiler about to be released or should I go for this one? If so, can I get it for a better price than this? All the best, Hugh Osborne www.indirectx.co.nr
--------------------------------www.hughosborne.co.uk[email=hugh.osborne@googlemail.com]hugh.osborne@googlemail.com[/email]
Advertisement
MSVC .NET 2005 was just released. You can even download the Express Edition from Microsoft for free.

[Edited by - SiCrane on December 4, 2005 5:29:00 PM]
Visual Studio 2005 was just released don't waste your money on out of date technology. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
- GDKnight
Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. It's free (at least until ~Nov 2006).
[edit] Well, I suppose you get it now.

jfl.
Cheers guys, are there restrictions on the express version?
--------------------------------www.hughosborne.co.uk[email=hugh.osborne@googlemail.com]hugh.osborne@googlemail.com[/email]
Yes, it doesn't have things like the class diagramer. Also, I think but don't quote me on it the express version that they have released is the beta version? Someone correct me if im wrong.
- GDKnight
Thats fine, thanks very much.
The Express Edition I linked to is the release to manufacture version, not the beta. However, if you reach an express edition download via a search engine you might end up at a beta download page.
Quote:Original post by -indirectX-
Cheers guys, are there restrictions on the express version?

I have been using the Express versions since they were made available to the MSDN Subscriber site, and I think they are wonderful.

They are necessarily feature limited *compared* to the full Visual Studio 2005 IDE, since they need to convince people to actually buy the full product, but that doesn't mean they are limited!

They have great features, are quite capable, and you simply can't beat the price. If you think it's even possible that you will want to use this product, get it while it's free.
Yep, I downloaded it and love it. SIMD is so cool and I've had no problems that weren't easily sorted out as far as compiling is concerned.

All the best,

Hugh Osborne
www.indirectx.co.nr

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement