Dev C++ and DirectX 9

Started by
6 comments, last by wortel 18 years, 4 months ago
If you currently develop in Dev C++ and use DirectX with it, please keep reading. I have heard that there are problems getting Dev C++ to work with DirectX. Is that true? Are there some tutorials or websites online that can help me get Dev C++ working with DirectX? NOTE: Yes, I can Google...I am looking for personal recommendations (meaning, websites or tutorials you have used yourself). Thanks, Tom
Advertisement
What's wrong with Visual Studio 2005 Express? It's free, has more functionality then Dev-C++, and links up to DirectX 9 seemlessly.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
I second Rob's recommendation. I'm currently using DX9 with VC++ Express and everything is working great. Not to mention VC++ Express is spiffier than Dev-C++. ;)
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
What's wrong with Visual Studio 2005 Express? It's free, has more functionality then Dev-C++, and links up to DirectX 9 seemlessly.

There's nothing "wrong" with it. A few members on my team have been programming in Dev C++. Instead of making them switch over to VC++ Express I thought I would see if Dev C++ could use DirectX just as easily.
Quote:Original post by Tom Knowlton
. . . I thought I would see if Dev C++ could use DirectX just as easily.

Looks like you got your answer. . .
It's not the most recent in the world, but hopefully it'll work for DX9 as well as 8.1: Getting DirectX to work with Dev-C++.

Good luck!
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:Original post by Tom Knowlton
. . . I thought I would see if Dev C++ could use DirectX just as easily.

Looks like you got your answer. . .

The answer would seem to be...you can jury-rig it to work with Dev C++ but it is a pain in the tuckus.

Does that sum it up?
There is a devpak for directx 9, although i don't believe there's one for the october version. I have it on my pc, although i didn't use it (I chickened out and switched to allegro =]). Should be easy to use though, i haven't encountered a devpak that gave me trouble. If you can't find it let me know..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement