using DevIL in VS .NET 2003

Started by
6 comments, last by cskelton 18 years, 4 months ago
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get DevIL to work in .NET 2003(i.e. what files to put where).
Advertisement
The same way as asny library:

Header files:

1. Open VS

2. Click Tools

3. Click Options

4. Projects tab

5. VC++ Directories

6. Under "Show directories for" choose Include files

7. Add whatever directory you downloaded the headers to

Library files (.lib):

1. Open VS

2. Click Tools

3. Click Options

4. Projects tab

5. VC++ Directories

6. Under "Show directories for" choose Libraryfiles

7. Add whatever directory you downloaded the lib files to

DLL files:

1. Just copy all the dlls to C:/Window/system32

I did that...but I keep getting these errors:

loadImage error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilBindImage@4 referenced in function "void __cdecl display(void)" (?display@@YAXXZ)

loadImage error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilGenImages@8 referenced in function "void __cdecl display(void)" (?display@@YAXXZ)

loadImage error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilInit@0 referenced in function _main

loadImage error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilLoadImage@4 referenced in function "void __cdecl display(void)" (?display@@YAXXZ)

loadImage error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilutGLBindTexImage@0 referenced in function "void __cdecl display(void)" (?display@@YAXXZ)

loadImage error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilutRenderer@4 referenced in function "void __cdecl display(void)" (?display@@YAXXZ)

loadImage fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

I know I'm probably making myself look real stupid right now, but I have no idea how to fix these errors...any ideas?
Did you link your project against the libraries?
To do so:

1. Click Project

2. Click Properties

3. Click the Linker tab on the right

4. Click Input

5. Under additional dependencies, list the names of the .lib files seperated by spaces

I don't know why they make it so much more complicated than in Version 6.
Tell me about it. But if they made things simple, they couldn't charge as much for user conferences, among other things. It compiles, so that must have been it. Having other problems, but they're coding related. Thanks for helping stupid ol' me.
More problems....it can't seem to find config.h which it tries to include in the ilut.h file. Any ideas?
Quote:Original post by cskelton
But if they made things simple, they couldn't charge as much for user conferences, among other things.

Roffle, A true cynic :)

Just checking as I'm not sure - Is there a config.h in the same place as ilut.h? (Vc7\include\IL\)? It's part of DevIL

Which version are you using? 1.6.7? Have you tried 1.6.5?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
I fixed it....somehow the directory paths for the include and library files somehow got reset, so it wasn't seeing anything. So it compiles now just fine....it just crashes when I try to run NeHe's Lesson 6(DevIL version). It's not that complicated a tutorial, so I have no idea what's up. I'm sure some of my settings are just screwy, but I've looked around and everything seems to be in place. Thanks for all the help to date, and any more help to come.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement