C++ Flash?

Started by
2 comments, last by Just Chris 18 years, 4 months ago
I'm just wondering if it's possible to use Macromedia Flash with C++ code for graphics in a game. I really want to be able to program a simple 2D game, such as a classic clone (pong, space invaders, tetris) but i'm having a lot of trouble trying to learn this API stuff, and i'm especially having trouble trying to install Allegro. So I was just wondering if i'd be able to use Flash, because I know Flash lets you manage scripts.
Advertisement
You might want to check out gameswf.
The short answer is that if you can't understand C, you shouldn't try to use it (or C++). You don't understand the API stuff? Do you mean the windows Handle calling and whatnot? Allegro? Allegro is a little outdated. You can do 2D games like you mentioned using just the Windows API, or with the DirectX SDK or OpenGL... but it sounds like you need some programmer education. Look into the hello world program, and maybe even raycasting...
Some people just have problems installing and building APIs, but it's probably because they haven't had enough experience with them. Clanlib, for instance requires Zlib, libPNG and libJPEG, and I still grow tired of the detours you have to take before getting to the stuff you really want to use.

You should look into SDL, it's simple to install and widely supported.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement