Sign in to follow this  
Charles256

fatal error LNK1104:

Quote:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\progra~1\Microsoft.obj' Build log was saved at "file://c:\grr\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
originally it said it couldn't open c:\Program.obj and I googled that it could be in the spaces in the directory path, i.e. c:\Program Files\the path to my linked and included files, so I changed it to c:\progra~1\the rest of the path with no spaces at all and then i got the error you see above.....any ideaS? googling it didn't help out much more than what I've all ready tried..

normally this can mean you have the application already open

Seriously, just try restarting your compiler - it sometimes happens pretty randomly.
If not copy and paste all your code into a new project.

Try using double quotes around the path like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio etc etc", this is how I've always got round the problem of spaces in path names before.

Quote:
Original post by Charles256
Quote:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\progra~1\Microsoft.obj'
Build log was saved at "file://c:\grr\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

originally it said it couldn't open c:\Program.obj and I googled that it could be in the spaces in the directory path, i.e. c:\Program Files\the path to my linked and included files, so I changed it to c:\progra~1\the rest of the path with no spaces at all and then i got the error you see above.....any ideaS? googling it didn't help out much more than what I've all ready tried..

What is the actual, full path you want to use? And where are you specifying it?