System crashes result in binary converted code

Started by
4 comments, last by Washu 18 years, 4 months ago
Basically, this problem is an issue in VC 6, and is compared with VC .Net. In VC 6.0, if I'm working on a project and the system crashes (blue screen or power surge resulting in system restart), the next time I launch VC 6, part of my code simply vanishes by getting converted into binary (unreadable text), where as this problem does not occur when I'm using VS .Net environment. I'm using win xp by the way, and this problem did not occur when I use to have win 98 (I only had VC 6 then). Does any one know why this is happening, and how can it be prevented? If I could be helped regarding this, I will really appretiate it. Thank you for your time, .. p.s. I have voltage stabilizer and all but this problem just persists, and I feel like knowing if it can be by-passed using some VC 6 settings etc.
Advertisement
It did that to me - unfortunately all you can do is pray to god you have a print out or backup and re type it :(

( i hope so cos i lost so much work there )
JUST-CODE-IT.NETManaged DirectX & C# TutorialsForumsArticlesLinksSamples
Looks like I'm not the only one who has this problem! Xpyder, your help was emotionally lifting.. but I will continue to search, and with some luck, maybe come up with a solution. If this happens soon, I will let you know as well.

Thanks for your time..
if something was being written into the disk at the moment of the crash, there are very big chances that something will get screwed in your filesystem. There is no work arround for this exepting trying to not crash your computer while doing something important. :)
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
That is very likely the reason for binary converted code. I believe this has been encountered (much to my fright) at some times, but such cases are low, as compared to system crashes while I'm not saving any thing. Even then the code is corrupted. Xp is far more secure than 98, and on 98, I had plenty of system crashes (compared to Xp), but then, code never got corrupted.. how could this be?
Moved at posters request.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement