Lua Scripting - for Game

Started by
0 comments, last by remigius 18 years, 4 months ago
How useful is Lua Scripting in making Games? I just newly learned Lua Scripting, and wish to find some recommended newbie links to learn about more abt Lua, in term of other areas like AI, Game Level design and others (if You tells me any). Thanks in advance for your useful advices.
Advertisement
Well, I don't know if you've already seen the article about LUA on our frontpage. It deals with integrating LUA into a game so it may be a bit technical, but it should give you a pretty good idea of what you can do with LUA and it contains some interesting links.

Basically LUA is limited by what functionality the game developer chooses to expose through it, so if you are looking for info about using LUA for AI for example, you'd probably find the more info on the site of the game your scripting for. I don't think LUA is really used for level design though, but if it is, I'd be interested to read more about it :)
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement