Basic Simulation

Started by
1 comment, last by flashinpan 18 years, 4 months ago
Are there some tutorials in C# / C++ available online to help me get started with a very simple simulation? I have something like this in mind: I want to have a 10 x 10 grid on which I have "robots". Each robot will have very basic algorithms for doing the following: 1) Look for other robots. 2) If other robot found attack it or attach to it or share information. 3) If "health" declines, go to "recharging" station. Every 5 seconds the world "updates", resulting in each robot doing some task (move to empty square, attack, heal, share information, whatever) At first I would be content with just simple text output...something like this: Robot "Rex" is alive at cell 1,1 Robot "Bob" is alive at cell 5,5 Robot "Rex" has moved to cell 2,2 Robot "Bob" has moved to cell 4,4 Robot "Rex" has moved to cell 3,3 Robot "Rex" has detected Robot "Bob" Robot "Bob" has detected Robot "Rex" Robot "Rex" has attacked Robot "Bob" and caused 10 points of damage. Robot "Bob" has attacked Robot "Rex" and caused 10 points of damage. Robot "Bob" has back moved to cell 5,5 and is searching for more power. Robot "Rex" has moved to cell 4,4 (is chasing Robot "Bob") Robot "Rex" has just told Robot "Bob": "I have you now." I just need some code to sort of show me one or two ways of doing this...get my juices flowing.
Advertisement
Hi!

While not exactly what you're looking for, a good introduction to this topic might be Mat Buckland's State-Driven Game Agent Design.

Hope this helps

Eric
Quote:Original post by xEricx
Hi!

While not exactly what you're looking for, a good introduction to this topic might be Mat Buckland's State-Driven Game Agent Design.

Hope this helps

Eric

Eric:

This is perfect...exactly what I was looking for. Cool website, by the way!!!

Does anyone else have some good sites for me to look at?

Tom

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement