Sign in to follow this  
jwsmith22

Blank White Window

I am a completely new user to OpenGL. I am running through the tutorials, and just got to the second one with the triangle and square. I am trying to implement the tutorial on my Mac running OS X v 10.4. I pretty much copied and pasted most of it, just to make sure it could compile and run. I get the code compiled, and it does run, but the window is just a blank white screen. I am doing this in XCode, with the framework included from Apple. I will go ahead and attach my code to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. #include <OpenGL/gl.h> // Header File For The OpenGL32 Library #include <OpenGL/glu.h> // Header File For The GLu32 Library #include <GLUT/glut.h> // Header File For The GLut Library #define kWindowWidth 400 #define kWindowHeight 300 GLvoid InitGL(GLvoid); GLvoid DrawGLScene(GLvoid); GLvoid ReSizeGLScene(int Width, int Height); int main(int argc, char** argv) { glutInit(&argc, argv); glutInitDisplayMode (GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_RGB | GLUT_DEPTH); glutInitWindowSize (kWindowWidth, kWindowHeight); glutInitWindowPosition (100, 100); glutCreateWindow (argv[0]); InitGL(); glClearColor(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glutDisplayFunc(DrawGLScene); glutReshapeFunc(ReSizeGLScene); glutMainLoop(); return 0; } GLvoid DrawGLScene(GLvoid) // Here's Where We Do All The Drawing { glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); // Clear The Screen And The Depth Buffer glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(-1.5f,0.0f,-6.0f); // Move Left 1.5 Units And Into The Screen 6.0 glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); // Drawing Using Triangles glColor3f(1.0f,0.0f,0.0f); // Set The Color To Red glVertex3f( 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); // Top glVertex3f(-1.0f,-1.0f, 0.0f); // Bottom Left glVertex3f( 1.0f,-1.0f, 0.0f); // Bottom Right glEnd(); // Finished Drawing The Triangle glTranslatef(3.0f,0.0f,0.0f); // Move Right 3 Units glBegin(GL_QUADS); // Draw A Quad glVertex3f(-1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); // Top Left glVertex3f( 1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); // Top Right glVertex3f( 1.0f,-1.0f, 0.0f); // Bottom Right glVertex3f(-1.0f,-1.0f, 0.0f); // Bottom Left glEnd(); } GLvoid ReSizeGLScene(int width, int height){ if (height==0) // Prevent A Divide By Zero By { height=1; // Making Height Equal One } glViewport(0, 0, width, height); // Reset The Current Viewport glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); // Select The Projection Matrix glLoadIdentity(); // Reset The Projection Matrix // Calculate The Aspect Ratio Of The Window gluPerspective(45.0f,(GLfloat)width/(GLfloat)height,0.1f,100.0f); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); // Select The Modelview Matrix glLoadIdentity(); // Reset The Modelview Matrix } GLvoid InitGL(GLvoid){ glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH); // Enables Smooth Shading glClearColor(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); // Black Background glClearDepth(1.0f); // Depth Buffer Setup glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); // Enables Depth Testing glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL); // The Type Of Depth Test To Do glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_NICEST); // Really Nice Perspective Calculations }