Sign in to follow this  
AntiGuy

The Adventures of Felix Fox - Dream Master (My Last Game)

AntiGuy    267
INTRO I'm sure by now the veterans of this board have heard of my project once [grin]. If not the story is of a fox named Felix who does nice deeds but often is pulled into something drastic. This time the battle occurs within the dreams of the Felix. The tone changes from time to time but I think you'll know I'm aiming for about the [T] range. It took me about a two months and a half to make and I really rushed near the end to beat my deadline so I'll expect some errors. NOTES -It's optimized to use smart joy and it's modeled after the Gamecube controller. -I know I've used music that wasn't mine. I'll happily remove it the slightest notice. It's not if I have any intention of profiting from this. -It runs on a Nvida Geforce 5500 card with 256MB, a pentium 1.7ghz 4 processor, and 768MB RAM DOWNLOAD Download (25MB) (You can get old projects from) http://www.freewebs.com/antiguyx/project.htm BACKGROUND This will be my last game. I was hoping that creating games will lead me to the gaming industry (NINTENDO!!!) but as time passed and I learned more, now I'm pretty sure it won't. Now I'm forced to get a job or go to college but I plan to find another way in. I've got until January 1st so I'm going to take the next couple of days to relax! Enjoy the game! [Edited by - AntiGuy on December 5, 2005 6:30:18 PM]

Stompy9999    792
I can't download it right now, but the screenshots look awesome.

Also, even if making games at home doesn't land you a game industry job, why stop? I know that the simple 2D games that I make aren't going to get me a game industry job either, but I do it because it is what I love to do. I see that screenshot of your game, and I wish I could make a game that looked half as good as that.

That's just my opinion, though.

PaulCesar    524
What language did you use for that game, and how hard have you tried to get in with these demos? Have you sumbmitted them to the big guys yet? Perhaps attended GDC and showed them off?

Nairb    766
Howdy,

I played the game, and it rocked. On the plus side, the graphics were beautiful, everything was fast and fun, and the sounds were great. On the minus, the camera was a little jerky, there were a few graphical glithces, and I would've liked a little more variety, but otherwise pretty awesome.

From everything I've read/heard, college is practically essential to getting into the industry today anyhow. So if you want to leave a door open for that, go for a CS degree or something similar. There's nothing stopping you from making games in your spare time (and you'll quickly find that, although everyone hypes college up as being incredibly hard, you'll still have plenty of time to make fun little games).

Cheers,
--Brian

AntiGuy    267
Would any of you believe I actually want to be a game designer? I knew I couldn't build a team off a story so I actually ended up doing everything else. Unfortunatly everything else cut into my designing so everything didn't work out as I would've liked it. Two months and a half isn't a long time for a perfectionist. [sad]

AntiGuy    267
Wow I never realized how many errors I had from changing things at the last second. I've taken the time to fix them. I'd like to at least go out decently.

- Couldn't load data.
- Trouble changing controls
- Item problems
- Extra commands

JRavey    100
You already know what I think of your work, Master Preston, I just wanted to voice my support publically. I'm sure in the future, you'll have some fans waiting to see your next project. Brick by brick, right?

Sign in to follow this