Sign in to follow this  
Seriema

OSG extremely slow, on my computer

Seriema    634
I've been playing around with OpenSceneGraph and all examples run extremely slow, about 1fps. Then I give the same .exe to anyone and it runs smoothly. I've uploaded a sample here, it does absolutely nothing except render two cubes and a few spheres without textures or anything - click and drag to move the camera around the objects. I would understand it if it wasn't for me having a nVidia G-Force 5200 FX and 1.8GHz Intel Centrino. Here's some info about my computer (obs, Windows XP Tablet Edition):
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
       System Model: PORTEGE M200
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.80GHz
             Memory: 512MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M 
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
   Display Memory: 32.0 MB

Now, why is that? ^^ Other OGL apps run just fine. Anyone else that has a M200 that can verify if it's this particular hardware config that doesn't like OSG?

leoptimus    106
How it is supposed to like? It seems like a chain of balls and a base of boxes.
Well, may your machine doesn't have the lastest NVIDIA drivers. WindowsXP has problems with that, and it's probably that that demo runs with the Windows OpenGL Software driver. So download the Forceware drivers from NVIDIA.

uavfun    744
It even runs smooth on the 32 MB Radeon 7500 Mobility on my laptop, which is... GF2-ish I think - so it's not just an issue of high system requirements.

I guess it just doesn't like you :)

alt_nick    130
1.6GHz M200 with 756MB RAM running it at 40fps (locked) fullscreen and 60fps (locked) windowed.
XP Tablet Edition SP2 custom installation, but with Toshiba drivers (nv 6.14.0010.4644)