DevCaps says texture projection is supported, but it's lying!

Started by
0 comments, last by UselessRob 18 years, 4 months ago
Howdy This is stupid, so I have to ask. I'm having problems on a machine with texture projection. One machine does it fine, but another doesn't. I'm guessing the second machine, which isn't that old, doesn't do texture projection. Firstly, do any video chipsets not support texture projection? I checked the DevCaps and it says it supports it, but what I'm seeing makes me think it doesn't. Basically what it's doing is showing the texture scaled to a tiny proportion, repeated all over the screen. If I take out the: m_pd3dDevice->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_TEXTURETRANSFORMFLAGS, D3DTTFF_PROJECTED | D3DTTFF_COUNT3); Line on the machine which works, I get the same result. This makes me think its the texture projection that's not working on the 2nd machine. Basically on the 2nd machine it's as if that line has no effect at all. I'm using DX8, if it makes a difference. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Rob.
Advertisement
Would it be better to do the projected texture with a shader somehow instead of using this feature?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement